Food Diary
In my ever-increasing efforts to lose weight, I have now gone the extra mile...
I have started a food diary.
Ugh.
This means keeping myself accountable for what I eat by recording every morsel that goes into my mouth in a journal. What was I thinking!?!?
I have also realized that I am completely ignorant about the amount of calories in food... I know basically what foods are high in calories and fat in comparison to those that are low in calories and fat.... but the actual numbers I don't have a clue. I am therefore going to do the research on what I eat to try to cut out (or at least decrease) the higher calorie foods that I didn't realize were so high in calories.
Moderation... moderation... moderation.
The challenge of course will be monitoring the Indian food that I eat. Indian food is not often listed in the 'typical' calorie counters in books or on line. However, I'm finding a good variety here and there that should at least give me a good idea of the nutritional content of most foods. By and large, however, Indian food is pretty high in fat and calories which means I just have to eat less. Portion control... ugh, the enemy.
Anyway, wish me luck. My exercise program is going really well, and so now it's time to take the entire fitness program up a notch by paying closer attention to what I eat.
~lk
I have started a food diary.
Ugh.
This means keeping myself accountable for what I eat by recording every morsel that goes into my mouth in a journal. What was I thinking!?!?
I have also realized that I am completely ignorant about the amount of calories in food... I know basically what foods are high in calories and fat in comparison to those that are low in calories and fat.... but the actual numbers I don't have a clue. I am therefore going to do the research on what I eat to try to cut out (or at least decrease) the higher calorie foods that I didn't realize were so high in calories.
Moderation... moderation... moderation.
The challenge of course will be monitoring the Indian food that I eat. Indian food is not often listed in the 'typical' calorie counters in books or on line. However, I'm finding a good variety here and there that should at least give me a good idea of the nutritional content of most foods. By and large, however, Indian food is pretty high in fat and calories which means I just have to eat less. Portion control... ugh, the enemy.
Anyway, wish me luck. My exercise program is going really well, and so now it's time to take the entire fitness program up a notch by paying closer attention to what I eat.
~lk
Comments