Food Diary Update

The food diary has become a permanent attachment to my life!

Things have been going fairly well over the last month or so. The food diary has proven to be the appropriate amount of accountability for me. I have not been 'perfect' but instead have tried to be 'realistic' and re-learn the way I eat and interact with food. It has not, not, not been easy.

The last month has been especially difficult to be 'strict' because of the wide variety of events experienced which many times 'required' non-food-diary eating and/or missed exercise. For instance... the weekend away with the girls, the week of meetings at the campus when I couldn't go to the gym, the trip to the mega-rally where the hotel food was too tempting, the Saturday night at the movies with the kids where I felt it more important to eat McDonalds and popcorn with them than it was to watch what I was eating...

Because of all of the above, I've been fearful of stepping on the scale to measure my progress... or lack thereof. However, after a 'good week' last week of consistent exercise and pretty strict food-diary adherence, I decided that it was time once again to step on the scale.

And what did I find?

Good news! Since Sept. 11, 2006, I've lost a total of 16.5 pounds. That was 4.4 pounds since the last time I weighed myself about a month ago. I'm pretty pleased about that. I still have quite a ways to go, but at least I'm making progress... slow and steady progress... and that is what counts. I'm also learning more about foods and learning to 'want' to eat fruit instead of chocolate. Well, mostly, anyway...

Portion control has been difficult, but I'm learning. I've been faithfully measuring everything with my pink Kitchenaid measuring cup set. People mock me, but it's OK. I'll never be able to control my portions otherwise.

So here's to another month of faithful food-diary usage. I'm starving hungry even as I write this, but I had a good healthy dinner and my breakfast of oatmeal, fruit and coffee is only 9 hours away!

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day