Food Diary Update
It's been a while since I blogged about the beloved Food Diary... so here we go!
I have been doing OK with it... Thanksgiving week, the week my mom was here, and the week following were not at all easy. I definitely did not stick to the target calorie count... however, I can definitely say that I had a different mentality while eating, etc. Trying not to eat anything 'unnecessary' (but of course a piece of cheesecake, piece of pumpkin pie and piece of apple pie all in one sitting WERE necessary!! However to my credit I did take only 1/3 piece of each... that is different from the past when I would have had a full (or more!) piece of each!)
So I braved the scale again today, thinking for sure that I would have gained back some of the ugly weight that I had worked so hard to lose. But! To my delight I had lost another 1/2 pound since the last weigh-in three weeks ago. I was very happy about that. I have now lost a total of 19.8 pounds. So close to that 20 pound mark! Maybe next week... Although I have to get through Kevin's birthday and our anniversary (December 6!) when we will definitely be eating chocolate cake and other goodies as we go away to our favorite hotel overnight without the children.
I think the two things that saved me from completely falling off the food diary wagon were 1) the mentality I spoke of above -- greater awareness of portion size, etc.; and 2) the fact that I maintained my exercise all throughout the eating-fest. I was very happy to be able to get to the gym most days which I think helped to stave off the extra pounds that wanted back so badly on my tummy and butt.
So, all is well for now in food diary world. This month will be TOUGH! But I'm committed and will try just as hard as I can. Come on, Leah! You can do it!!
~lk
I have been doing OK with it... Thanksgiving week, the week my mom was here, and the week following were not at all easy. I definitely did not stick to the target calorie count... however, I can definitely say that I had a different mentality while eating, etc. Trying not to eat anything 'unnecessary' (but of course a piece of cheesecake, piece of pumpkin pie and piece of apple pie all in one sitting WERE necessary!! However to my credit I did take only 1/3 piece of each... that is different from the past when I would have had a full (or more!) piece of each!)
So I braved the scale again today, thinking for sure that I would have gained back some of the ugly weight that I had worked so hard to lose. But! To my delight I had lost another 1/2 pound since the last weigh-in three weeks ago. I was very happy about that. I have now lost a total of 19.8 pounds. So close to that 20 pound mark! Maybe next week... Although I have to get through Kevin's birthday and our anniversary (December 6!) when we will definitely be eating chocolate cake and other goodies as we go away to our favorite hotel overnight without the children.
I think the two things that saved me from completely falling off the food diary wagon were 1) the mentality I spoke of above -- greater awareness of portion size, etc.; and 2) the fact that I maintained my exercise all throughout the eating-fest. I was very happy to be able to get to the gym most days which I think helped to stave off the extra pounds that wanted back so badly on my tummy and butt.
So, all is well for now in food diary world. This month will be TOUGH! But I'm committed and will try just as hard as I can. Come on, Leah! You can do it!!
~lk
Comments
Love ya!