Book 2: "Keeping a Princess Heart"

Just finished "Keeping a Princess Heart in a Not-So-Fairy-Tale World" by Nicole Johnson.

Not my favorite book ever, but had a few good things here and there to think about. I was interested that this was yet another book that made comparisons between Mother Theresa and Princess Diana. Hmmm. Not sure how I feel about that. A little overused, perhaps, but expected considering the close dates of their deaths. I did, however, like how this author did not do the traditional 'bashing' of Princess Diana as a horrible human being compared to the obvious saintliness of Mother Theresa. Had an interesting passage about their unique friendship during their various meetings around the globe.

This book is a companion to one I read last year called "The Invisible Woman". That was a little frustrating at times because some of the passages in "Princess" were direct quotes from "Invisible". But not too distracting, I guess.

I would have enjoyed a study guide / discussion questions at the back of the book.

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day