Book 6: The Inheritance of Loss
Just finished reading "The Inheritance of Loss" by Kiran Desai, Indian author and recent Booker Award recipient.
Although it took me a long time to get through it, the book was actually a quick read with a nice story. I especially appreciated it because of the Indian culture that was evident throughout... would be of interest to anyone who had lived in India for 6 months or more because it uses Hindi language a bit and it also has a lot of Indian cultural norms and surface-level cultural identifiers.
Not the best book I've ever read, but I enjoyed it and may check out another of Desai's books in the future.
~lk
Although it took me a long time to get through it, the book was actually a quick read with a nice story. I especially appreciated it because of the Indian culture that was evident throughout... would be of interest to anyone who had lived in India for 6 months or more because it uses Hindi language a bit and it also has a lot of Indian cultural norms and surface-level cultural identifiers.
Not the best book I've ever read, but I enjoyed it and may check out another of Desai's books in the future.
~lk
Comments