Three-Quarters

I am 3/4 happy with the results of Wimbledon.

Of course I am very happy that Roger Federer won the men's singles title. It was delightful to see him equal Bjorn Borg's 5-in-a-row record. When it looked as if Rafa Nadal was going to win, I was feeling so sad that Federer would have gotten so close only to lose out on the record. But somehow, by some miracle, he pulled it off. Rafa played very well, however, and I'm not sure how he didn't win. Although Federer's aces saved him I think. Serving well pays off big in the end. I think that could be a blog topic all its own 'Serving well'... hmmm

And of course I am NOT happy that my good friend Justine Henin lost in the semi-finals. What a ridiculous thing that she lost. We were sitting on the couch watching the match with our mouths hanging open in disbelief. Absolutely ridiculous. But, that said, I am happy that at least Venus Williams won the women's singles title. That was definitely better than if the 'third best player in France' had won.

Next up... US Open... How will I ever wait 'til August!?!?

~lk

Comments

Lisa said…
This morning, I saw a few seconds of an interview with Diane Sawyer and Venus Williams, asking what Venus was going to do with her prize money. She said, "I'm going to do something for my mom. She really helped me this year".

And of course, I was wondering what my friend, the "faithful tennis follower", thoughts were of the Wimbledon results.

Thanks for the commentary! :)

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day