Paint it Black

Finally.... I'm drinking black coffee.

I think it was this last trip to the US that did it for me - Starbucks Venti Americano... And now even at home I am able to forsake the milk and sugar and just have a cup of black coffee. I think this will help me a bit with my new 'healthy lifestyle' (aka food diary diet plan). A cup of black coffee is yet another non-calorie beverage that I can add to the repertoire to keep my hunger pangs at bay. Very, very happy about that.

I'm on a 'rotation' of beverages now... realizing that water is of course the most important.

1. Black coffee
2. Water
3. Black coffee
4. Water
5. Diet Coke
6. Water....

...and then we'll see after that. Must work in my delightful Store-brand Crystal Light (the store brand has no calories, while the 'actual' crystal light has some calories per serving... negligible, but still some calories... and if the goal is to not drink any calories, then I have to watch it.)

So here's to a banner day in my life -- drinking black coffee! I'm an official 'grown up' now! :)

~lk

Comments

Day by Day said…
I always thought - growing up - that being an adult was getting to have the specialty flavors in the coffee. :)

Congratulations on your accomplishment. :)
Matt Deane said…
You know, the "healthiest" thing to do would be to get rid of all the caffeine from your diet!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day