Still

Amazingly, I am still sick.

Yes, that's right... the house is delightfully quiet right now. Sunday afternoon with husband and children sleeping as per usual schedule. But my head is throbbing and I'm in that definitely *not* delightful state of somewhere between freezing and sweating. Must be time to down another 3 Tylenols. I don't think I could possibly take any more cold medicine as it just tears up my stomach and makes me feel worse.

Yesterday I could hardly get out of bed. Our new second-part-time helper Lakshmi was sweeping the floor in my bedroom and gazed ever so sympathetically at me and asked, "Shouldn't you go to the hospital, madam?" Well, no, it wasn't quite that bad, but can you imagine how terrible I must've looked?

I emerged from my fitful slumber around 11.30a to handle a flight emergency for some folks in Bombay, realized I needed medication, ate a big bowl of Cheerios, crammed the disgusting yellow pills down my throat, and promptly went back to bed. The bedroom had taken on a depressing cave-like quality, so I threw open the curtains to at least bring a little life into my makeshift hospital ward. That sort of helped, I guess.

By 2.30p the kids were hungry so Kevin made them chicken nuggets and chips... and I got up to join them and ate yogurt and granola. Clark asked, "Is that sick-people food, mama?" Well, no. I replied, "No, that's dieting-people food, Clark." Apparently he understood, but then could not let go of the fact that whatever I was eating looked delicious to him. In fact when I was done eating it, he asked if he could smell the bowl even though I had already eaten it all. Strange.... very strange.

The kids went down for their afternoon naps and I watched TV... I eventually cooked grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner... and we ate some brownies I had made the night before, too. Sleep last night was very good. Sound, restful. Got up in the morning still feeling weak. That is the strange part. Usually I'm sick for a day and then better (nearly 100%) the next day. However not the case. This is Sick Day #3 for me. I can get out of bed and do a few things around the house, but then have to rest. Sitting at my desk doesn't take too much energy, so blogging and/or editing something for Joseph is possible... And I am also going to bake some whole wheat buns for dinner... the dough is presently proofing on the oven. It's going to smell so good and taste so good with some soup. Now *that* is sick-people food.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I think it may be yet another off-day from the gym. However, maybe I'll get my nails done instead. Some pampering might just do the trick. Hmmm. Now that sounds like a good plan.

Time to do homework with the kids... Hopefully *this* will not wear me out!

~lk

Comments

Lisa said…
Sending you tissue right away. :) Hoping you are on the road to recovery soon. Keep up resting. Everything will "get done" in its own time.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day