Swim
My beautiful children have become newly addicted to pretzel goldfish.
I think it is their way of adapting to culture shock... or reverse culture shock.... or whatever this transition is called that they're going through as we are back in their home culture.
They had pretzel goldfish for morning snack yesterday.... and as a side dish with their PB&J at lunch yesterday... and as an afternoon snack... and as a side dish with their hot dogs at dinner yesterday... and then this morning they have just taken to having these delightful little salty creatures for their main meal. Forget side dish status. Pretzel goldfish for breakfast.
Yes, I know, that is not responsible behavior by me as a parent. But come on. They're on jet lag. They don't know what time it is. They are trying to get back to their usual routine. I'm just happy they're eating anything. So we're sticking to proper meal times and proper meal behavior (sitting at table, finishing everything on plate, staying at table 'til everyone is done eating, etc.) but I'm being completely lax on the content of their meals. But personally I think that is just fine.
Now the real challenge for me personally is not eating any of these tasty little treats. I also love, love, love pretzel goldfish. And yes, they are actually one of the more acceptable calorie snacks... but once I get started I can't stop eating them. So I better not start.
We'll see what their new 'addiction' is tomorrow.... Thankfully we brought enough pretzel goldfish with us to last a little while. I wonder what will happen, though, when we run out....
~lk
Comments