Birthday Reflections
It's my birthday - happy birthday to me! Let's see what the Lord had to say to me this morning in my time of reflection.

Claire and Leah cutting the cake at the party Leah's boss Joseph threw
From Psalm 103:1-14
God does these things for us:
1. Extends benefits to us... I want to watch for these benefits even in the lowest parts of my day
2. Forgives our sins... so we also should constantly forgive!
3. Heals us of all diseases... physical, but also mental and emotional
4. Redeems our lives from the pit... He *will* pull me out of the junk I'm going through
5. Crowns us with love and compassion... I can truly find genuine rest in Him
6. Satisfies our desires with good things... might not be what we desire, but we are satisfied!
7. Renews our youth so we can soar and thrive... ooo... I need that today!
8. Works righteousness for the oppressed... even for the oppressed leader who faces disrespect
9. Makes His way known to us... so we can choose to joyfully follow
10. Is slow to anger; abounds in love... oh how I wish I could be that way
11. Does not accuse or blame... again, something for me to strive for
12. Does not harbor anger forever... one of my goals for 2008
13. Does not treat us as our sins deserve... I want others to face consequences, but I shouldn't...
14. Does not repay according to our evil... God is so gracious -- I must somehow follow
15. Showers great unending love upon us... what practical ways can I do this today?
16. Removes completely our sins... must act as if not there -- both in me and in others
17. Has great compassion on us... I am so thankful
18. He knows how we were created and knows us intimately... He is the only one who truly understands; who never disappoints
God truly is my Rock for today and every day. He, and He alone, is the one I can count on for my strength and encouragement every day. All and everyone else will fail and disappoint from time to time, but God will always, 100%, be faithful to me and give me what I need when I need it. Praise Him... praise Him.
~lk
Comments