How I Love to Proclaim It
I love, love, love our new exercise bike.
For many reasons.
1. It allows me to multi-task. I can ride the bike and enjoy American Idol, Top Chef, Nigella Express or CSI: Miami all at the same time.
2. It allows me to get a second hour-long workout in a few days a week. This has met my psychological need to do something more to aid in my weight loss efforts. We'll see if it pays off or not. So far it's been a long time since I've lost any weight, despite my desire to lose about 14 more pounds. I haven't been very good in the eating department lately, so I guess you can say I've not been trying very hard. I don't think I'm gaining weight, but still I don't feel great about myself. Thus the bike helps emotionally.
3. It allows me to redeem the television watching time... doing 'something' productive rather than just sitting like a lump while I participate in the only true recreation contained within my life.
4. It is a sturdy piece of equipment that will last us a very long time.
5. It allows Kevin to get early morning workouts in as well before his office hours start.
6. It allows our guests to work out in the safety and privacy of our home rather than dragging themselves to my gym which most people don't like to do. Although I still do appreciate the company at Latitudes!
I am so glad we brought this delightful thing into our house. May it never become dormant nor collect too much dust.
~lk
Comments