Out, out, out you go!!

In my ever-continuing effort to keep my house purged from unnecessary clutter, I have embarked upon de-cluttering the edible food in my kitchen.  I am having so much fun!

Because we've had so many guests lately and have also received quite a few food items as gifts, my kitchen has been in a constant state of 'full'.  The food is all 'good' and I don't want to throw it away (nor do I need to) and so I have endeavored to cook it all and eat it all over the course of the next week or so.

What does that look like?
  • We finished up the leftover pizza last night (after eating it three times as leftovers...yes, that's right we had a lot)
  • I made strawberry sorbet with some extra strawberries... although when frozen, I don't count any strawberries as 'extra'... The season is nearly over here!
  • I finally used a bag of broccoli that'd been 'in there forever' (it was frozen.... !)
  • I made coleslaw with 1/4 head of leftover cabbage, carrots, and some mayo that I've been wanting to use... we ate it for one meal and then finished it tonight.
  • I fed the kids leftover chocolate chip cookies for their morning snacks at school.
  • I used the last of the 'random loaves of mismatched bread' that I've been longing to get rid of for two weeks. 
  • I started making chocolate sorbet with the lone bag of cocoa powder left from my brownie-making festival last week.  One bag of cocoa is no good for a full batch of brownies... so had to find another use.
  • I brewed some espresso with some leftover coffee beans my friend Niki recently left me.  1/4 cup of the espresso went into the chocolate sorbet... and the rest will be diluted to be my morning coffee -- an 'Americano' is the Starbucks technical term, I believe.
  • I used up the last of the granola this morning and rather than buying more, I'm going to eat oatmeal 'til the 1 1/2 containers hiding in my cupboard are empty.
  • Eating oatmeal definitely necessitates using some of the many, many dried blueberries I now have.  I'm not going to buy bananas for my beloved oatmeal 'til I at least make a little progress on the blueberries.
Oh the great, great joys of de-cluttering!  Everytime we eat something my heart literally does a little leap as I see one more thing go out the kitchen door.

What can I create today??

~lk

Comments

Day by Day said…
Lov'in this!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day