Update on a Rainy Day

Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain.... It is raining in Germany!  It is cold.  Snow is predicted to tomorrow.

I am freezing!

But the good news is that I have not yet had a chocolate biscuit!  I've been strategically plotting my walking paths around meeting rooms and coffee breaks to get my black coffee and then avoid completely going anywhere near the large plates full of temptation.  Yea for me!  Let's see how much longer that can last.

Last night for dinner they served several things, but one of the things was tomato soup and a basket full of bread which included regular bread rolls of many varieties... but also German pretzels!  Oooo I was so excited.  And since the pretzels were homemade here at the base-office in which I am staying, I was happy to be able to have one -- fewer calories I bet than the pretzels offered in the bakeries which have more butter on top, etc.  So I was very happy about that.

A gorgeous little fruit market opened across the cobblestone street from our hotel.  I bought apples, the juiciest more delicious oranges, and nectarines - one of my favorite fruits that we very rarely get in South Asia.  I am enjoying eating healthy here!

I am also doing a ton of walking.  One-hour morning walks in the pre-dawn hours before breakfast... plus an additional 40-60 minutes of walking back and forth between my hotel and the meeting halls. 

Had dinner tonight at a Thai restaurant.  Would you believe it was my first time ever eating Thai food?  I didn't even really eat Thai food when we were in Thailand several years ago.  I had a pork dish that was really, really tasty.  Too high in calories, I'm sure, but not the worst thing either.  Mmmmm delicious.  We walked to/from the restaurant... and I still have one more walk back to the hotel.

The meetings are going well... It is fun to see some friends from around the world... Trying to stay on top of work... email access has been hit and miss.... 300 people trying to use one internet connection has not proven successful.

all for now... 

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day