Still Watching

I am once again in mourning as I cope with the results of Wimbledon.

Ivanovic lost.  So very sad.
Sharapova lost.  Unbelievable.

I am now officially rooting for Venus Williams on the women's side.  For a variety of reasons.

Amid the watching of Wimbledon, I'm also doing these other things:

**hosting the first of our summer parties for internationals... it brings me such great joy to watch their eyes open wide and their mouths open and start to drool as they see hot and delicious pepperoni pizza awaiting them on our kitchen table...bonus for brownies and chocolate chip cookies, too!

**homework, homework, homework...it's time for Clark and Claire to do weekend homework... never an easy task, but if we do it a little at a time, it's not quite so daunting

**eating more than I want to... the good news is I haven't gained weight, even though it feels like I have... grrrrr....

**already missing my BFF Deb who left for Calcutta today for 10 days...looking forward to her coming back soon so we can resume our coffee drinking and friends-watching... oh and I think Wimbledon will be nearly over when she returns (to her great delight, I'm sure!)

**eating frozen grapes and lots of apples.... can't get enough!

And now... back to our regularly scheduled programming... Jelena Jankovic is on Centre Court.

~lk

Comments

Dorothy said…
hahaha! I'm just remembering all the pizza in Gujarat that Kevin hooked us up with, and the amazing Superbowl party. As great as Indian food is, it can be so nice to see American food after awhile with all the cultural stress setting in. Sounds like fun!

~Kacy~

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day