Furry Friends
The last three weeks have undoubtedly been difficult.
One bright spot, however, has been the delightful company of my furry friends Maggie and Celia. They really are delightful creatures. Yes, they fight... yes, they bark... yes, they lick my face and have stinky dog breath... but they are comforting and ever-so-friendly and dependable all the same.
I had always been a cat person until Kevin 'forced' me to get Maggie nearly 9 years ago. From the moment she entered our house, I was forever a 'my dog' person... still a cat person at heart, but love *my* dogs dearly and think they're the best. We always say Celia is more like a cat than she is like a dog, so that has been the grand compromise of our domestic lives.
But back to present day woes... I have been spending a lot of time in bed, trying to rest. And right at my feet or right next to me every hour of the day is laying an ever-sympathetic Maggie who can sense pain and sadness. In the hours of my physical pain when the cramping was horrible, Maggie would lay in front of me curled up by my stomach... and Celia would lay behind me right along my kidneys. It was like having two living, breathing hot water bottles bringing me physical relief and emotional joy all at the same time.
These two bundles of happiness follow me all around the house... in the kitchen, on the couch, into the office, into the bathroom... on my bed, on the kids bed... in the chair next to me at the kitchen table... on the balcony... Wherever I am, they are there also.
I am so thankful for these cute, white, balls of faithful friendship. They love me. I know it. Always have, always will. They bring me relaxation and release in the midst of stressful times. Their soft fur is so nice to pet. Their personalities and character quirks make me laugh. They bring smiles into otherwise sad days. Their wagging tails press my joy buttons every time.
So here's to Maggs and Ceils... not only 'man's' best friend.... Leah's best friends, too!
~lk
Comments