Bon Appetit
Although my family misses me when I travel, I believe there are two "good" (not sure "good" is the right word, but we'll go with that for now.. ) reasons why they are glad I'm away from home sometimes.
First? Presents. 'Nuf said.
Second? The event that has become affectionately known as the "Fried Food Festival". Let me explain.
Kevin does a great job of managing the house while I am gone on the variety of domestic and international trips I have to take every year. He keeps everything under control and keeps the kids on their schedule. To make things just slightly easier, we choose to feed the kids food that is fun and that we know they'll like while I'm gone. Most of that is a variety of fried foods that we buy at the store and cook at home...
As I was doing an inventory of our fridge to see what I would have to stock for Kevin and the kids while I'm gone, I discovered that in our efforts to purge all the leftovers, we did not actually eat as many of the fried foods we anticipated eating while Pat and Kris and their kids were here. Therefore, we had a ready-to-fry festival right in our freezer without having to buy anything extra.
Therefore, without going out to eat (except once as a special treat after worship on Sunday) Kevin can cook at home every night and keep Clark and Claire's tummies satisfied while I'm in the UK next week.
To give you a little glimpse of what this looks like? Here's the menu I just created for them and which is posted to our fridge.
Sunday, Aug 17:
Lunch: McDonald's (special treat after worship)
Dinner: Popcorn and ice cream (our usual Sunday night fare)
Monday, Aug 18:
Dinner: Chicken nuggets and Half Moon potatoes
Tuesday, Aug 19:
Dinner: Hot dogs and French Fries
Wednesday, Aug 20:
Dinner: Fish Sticks and Smiley Fries
Thursday, Aug 21:
Dinner: Popcorn chicken and French fries
Friday: Aug 22:
Dinner: Pizza! (our usual Friday night family indulgence)
So there you have it. Feel free to go out and buy all these things to stock your freezer so you can join along in the Kadwell Fried Food Festival next week.
I'm not sure what I'll be eating in Northern England... although I'd bet lots of beef, potatoes, peas... and as many Starbucks as I can manage.
Enjoy!
~lk
Comments