Food Festival
We recently returned from a quick trip to Singapore where we learned there are two national past times: 1) shopping; and 2) eating. Two of my favorite things!
We wanted to really soak in the local culture and eat what the Singaporeans eat... so we asked for lots of advice when we went out and enjoyed a lot of great home cooked meals as well. We ate a lot and we ate well.
I thought you might like to see what we ate. Please note... in Chinese culture, you take small plates the size of saucers and eat one or two bites of everything offered family style. I was thankful for this culture... otherwise I would have been stuck in Singapore unable to get on the plane because I would have doubled in size! Thankful, though, for small portions!
Here's our list!
- Chicken Rice
- Multi-colored Peppers and Chicken
- Prawns and Onions
- Fish Head Curry
- Steamed Eggs with Pork
- Singapore Greens with Pork
- Roast Chicken with Sweet Potatoes
- Herb Roasted Duck
- Mayo Prawns
- BBQ Ribs
- Fried Fish
- Abalone and Vegetables
- Prawn Fried Rice
- Fish Paste Spring Rolls
- Duck and Pancakes
- Scallops and Vegetables
- Egg Yolk Prawns
- Chili Crab and Buns
- Bean Curd and Ginseng Beans
- Mango and Pumelo Salad
- Beef Stew
- Jasmine Tea
- Dumpling Noodle Soup
- Sweet and Sour Pork
It was DELIGHTFUL! I can't wait to go back.... A few friends sent us home with the fixin's to make some of these delicious foods at home. I made some delicious Chinese soup and sweet Chinese buns the other night. What a special treat.
We really enjoyed eating our way through Singapore... our own private food festival!
~lk
Comments