Complete

Claire wore her rain boots to school today... 'just in case' she said.  And wouldn't you know it, against all odds and unseasonability, it rained.  Apparently she *had* to wear the boots not only for the rain but because they matched her dress.  Smart girl, this one.

They now serve coffee at Q-Mart.  My life is complete.  I thought my life was complete yesterday with the opening of the Odyssey store.  But apparently God always has 'blessings' for us that we never even imagined could come true.  ha ha ha

I continue to pick up a few Thanksgiving decorations here and there.  I'm so excited.  I bought the perfect Thanksgiving place mats at Fab the other day, but since I was actually looking for a table runner have decided I'm going to connect the place mats into a table runner.  Today found some great gold cardstock that will cover the seams between the mats beautifully.  Now to make some leaves... and find some candles...

It's pizza night tonight... I really need a night where someone else cooks for me!  I *do* like cooking.  But occasionally I need someone else to cook for me.  And tonight that 'someone else' happens to be Dominos.

Mom arrives tonight.  We're *all* going to the airport at 2am to pick her up.  Tomorrow morning should be 'interesting' with children who will have had very little sleep... hmmmm... not sure of the wisdom of that decision, but we're going to do it anyway.

Clark loves memorizing verses!  I've started working with him to memorize one verse a week.  First, it's a miracle that we've actually kept it up beyond one week... and Second, it's a miracle that with very little practice he can actually remember four verses.  Way to go Clark!  I'm so impressed.

I think I've decided what I'm going to do with the chicken for Thanksgiving.  Have not yet perfected my recipe, but at least have the general direction... there will be cranberries... there will be citrus... there will be walnuts....there will be chicken stock...  I can't wait.

Better go... doorbell will ring soon with hot, cheesy, delicious pizza arriving.

~lk

Comments

Trudy said…
Sounds like a very happy Friday. I hope the reunion at the airport was worth the lack of sleep. Happy times!

Showed pictures and video today at church and it was such a blessing. :-) Miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day