It's Friday and I'm Going to Bed Very Early

We took the kids to a birthday party today.  It's November 7... and it was a pool party.  I don't think we've ever been to a pool party in November before!  We had a great time watching the kids play in the water.  Combined with riding their bikes, I think they would consider their lives perfect if they could be in a pool all the time.  They did, however, get much colder than usual, though.  It is, after all, winter here and when the sun goes down the temperatures drop dramatically.. probably only into the 70s, but it sure feels a lot colder than that.

I got my new contact lens today.  Very happy about that.  Now the glasses go back to being hidden in their case unless it's early morning or late night.  I love my contact / glasses place!

I successfully made it through pizza night by only eating one piece of pizza!  And I'm actually not starving hungry.  A miracle, yes.  Of course, I started with a green bean/carrot 'appetizer' and finished off with a tangerine and a banana.   But any day I can eat only one piece of pizza is a good day.... at least in the food diary definition of a day.  And in the food diary definition of a day, I've had 20 'good days' in a row.  I can't believe it.  I am thankful.  I've been consistently losing just over 1 pound a week since back on the hard core food diary plan.  I think that is great progress and I really want to keep it up.

A good day, though, today was not.  It was, in fact, one of the most difficult days in recent history for me.  I am on the downturn right now and am hoping to sleep well now that the major stresses for the day are over.  I am completely exhausted, though, as the emotional energy required to make it through the variety of things I had to tackle today was enormous.  I'm thankful, though, that God helped me make it through.  Very thankful.  And it is true that all things do work together for good.  Good indeed.  Not easy, but good.  We'll see what tomorrow holds.  Hopefully things that are not quite as difficult.

I have been on active decluttering / purging duty lately.  I am filled with fantastic amounts of great joy when I remove things from my house.  It is unbelievable how good I feel when things go out the door.  I'm on paper shredding duty today.  I don't know where all these papers come from... I also don't know how it is that we still have so much to declutter in our house.  But still there are things... and so still I am committed to moving things out... out...out... love it ... love it... love it....

All for today... yes, these are my 'stream of consciousness' blogging days.  I have so much in my head that just needs to come out.  And you get the great benefit of being the recipient readers of my thoughts.  Congratulations to you.

~lk


Comments

Chris & Wendi said…
Praying for you! Sorry to hear that it was such a hard day. I hope you receive the requested item soon! May it lift your spirits and your desserts!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day