Doughnut Heaven


What do you do in the early, early morning hours when suffering from jet lag?  Well, apparently if you are me, you make doughnuts!  I tried a yeast-based raised doughnut recipe for the first time today (...thank you Alton Brown...).  I was extremely skeptical that it was going to turn out into anything edible.  But...amazingly, they were both delicious and beautiful!  A very striking similarity to Krispy Kreme! 

Here are a few photos of the results.... Enjoy!  Mmmmmm.... doughnuts......

Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts


Glazed Doughnuts


Chocolate Covered Doughnuts


...and Doughnut Holes!

Hooray for Doughnuts!!

~lk

Comments

Day by Day said…
Oh no! Are you serious? Look how scrumptious those doughnuts are. Please share the recipe, I think?!" :) Glad your back home. Loved reading you latest posts.
Matt Deane said…
FYI...Doughnuts do not fit into any food diary that I have seen.
Connections said…
oh, there is no way I could make donuts -- I would certainly eat everyone of them. Especially if they looked as good as yours. Donuts and pizza, yep that's about all that is needed to make this girl happy!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day