Today

What did I do today?

Well, I'm so glad you asked.

The morning started at 5.30a and my alarm clock going off.  Those of you who have either lived with me or know my character know very well that I hit the snooze several times before I got up.  When I was finally able to drag my body out of bed, I immediately turned on the hot water heater so our kids could have warm water for their morning baths.

I walked down to Clark's room to get him up and ready for the day.  The walk is a little longer now that we have separated the kids into their own rooms.  They love their own rooms.  And mom and dad like it, too.  Makes bed time much easier.  And middle of the night awakenings do not have to unnecessarily have to involve the entire family.

Bringing Clark to the kitchen, I poured him a bowl of Cheerios to start eating while I drank my water, put on a pot of coffee and packed Clark's snack box.  I packed him goldfish crackers, grapes, strawberries and a 'smart' granola bar.

Meanwhile, Claire woke up on her own (crazy child) and begged to get dressed and take her bath early so she could accompany Kevin and Clark to Clark's bus stop.  Knowing I would get 20 minutes of morning peace and quiet, I willingly obliged her request.

After brushing teeth and hair, and after doing our morning Bible reading and Bible verses, out the door they all went and I sat down to do my own morning devotions with a delightfully hot cup of coffee.  Mornings are wonderful!  I eventually ate a bowl of cereal and a banana for my own breakfast.  Claire had the same when she arrived back.   While Claire ate her breakfast and watched morning cartoons, Kevin and I sat and read the newspaper with more coffee.

Naturally, I got distracted by email and Facebook, thereby forcing me to leave 20 minutes late in taking Claire to school.  However, we somehow managed to arrive at the school on time.  I don't know how that happens.  I made my way over to the gym after dropping Claire and walked for 80 minutes on the treadmill.  Lest you think I am an exercise freak, I was walking rather slowly and had to walk that long just to burn a measly 400 calories.  Slightly demoralizing, but better than sitting on the couch eating bon-bons I always say.

After showering I went over to 'my' bookstore where I had a cappuccino and did work on my computer and phone for 90 minutes.  Went back by 12.30 noon to pick up Claire.  Took a call from Joseph.   Made it home by about 1.30p and ate our lunch.  I had more cereal, grapes and tea.  Claire had lemon rice.

I had a meeting in the afternoon at 'the campus' and so Claire took an early nap and then we headed out.  Traffic on our usual route was too heavy, so after doubling back and driving the wrong way on the opposite side of the road for 1/2 a mile, I chose another route which was much faster.  My meeting went from 4p-5p.  Kevin picked up Clark from his bus stop and made it home by 5.30p.  He ordered the pizza for our family pizza night and set up the big screen movie equipment.  We had family night one night early since Kevin's going away for 2 weeks starting tomorrow.  It was delightful.

We put the kids to bed at 7pm and watched this week's episode of 24.  Jack Bauer is amazing!  After he saved the world yet again, we retreated to our computers for some late evening work and Kevin packed for his trip.

It's now 10.01p and I'm turning off my computer and going to bed.  Overall it was a good day and I am thankful for God's faithfulness in my life and how very loudly He is speaking to me these days.

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day