Sing, Sing a Song
It's that time of year again.... time for me to give my comments on this season of American Idol. I skipped all of the audition shows this year and so I am still getting to know the contestants, but despite that fact, I have some opinions to share. Well, come on, it's American Idol. Who doesn't have opinions to share... So here we go...
Adam Lambert. Love him. To borrow a phrase from our friend Randy Jackson, he's got some 'mad vocals'. Yes, that boy can sing. I actually gave him a standing ovation one week, despite the fact that I was the only one in the living room at the time. I hope he lasts a long, long time, just so we can see what interesting thing he's going to do every week and enjoy his amazing range.
Danny Gokey. Not my favorite, but quite good. I like watching his eyeglasses frames change every week. Wondering how far he lives from my brother in Wisconsin. And thinking he looks like a nice guy.
Allison Ireheta. She seems to have good character and can sing. Probably the best of the girls? Maybe not. I only say that because I've not yet decided how I feel about Lil' Rounds.
Megan Joy. Super cute. Fun/unique voice. But she needs to move from the 'X' on the stage to which she seems to be strapped.
Noop-Dogg. I can't figure him out. This week's performance was good. But before that? Yikes... Still an anomaly to me.
And I'm very sorry to say that I'm looking forward to the week when Scott McIntyre goes home. Sorry Scott.
Everyone else? Eh, we'll see what they can do, but so far not super impressed. Lots of good instrumentalists, though. And, perhaps I am getting much older, but this group looks younger than ever. I do like the new judge Kara. She reminds me of someone and I just can't figure out who it is. It's driving me insane. But I like her.
Still a very long way to go. We'll see what happens! Go Adam!
~lk
Comments