Say the Word
So much to say.
So many lines to write.
So many pages to fill.
While others write a song or compose a poem or paint a picture or capture a photo, my preferred form of self-expression is the written word.
Not just one word. Not in any way concise. The more verbose, the better. The more words, the more emotions, the more feelings and thoughts and ramblings and frustrations and joys and confusions and conclusions that can come out of my brain and be channeled through the pen or the keys of the computer....the better.
The blank page is my friend.
The journal is the one who seems to understand.
The computer screen sits patiently and listens to every...single...word....
Without interrupting.
Without judging.
Without getting bored.
Without looking at me like I've completely lost my mind.
The written word understands me when I think and express myself so differently than the 'normal' person. In fact, the pages of my journals seem to embrace my extreme abnormality. Am I crazy? Am I being offensive? Have I gone bonkers once again? The page filled with scribbled-on ink doesn't care. It feels happy to have fulfilled it's purpose of containing my thoughts, corralling my emotions, fencing in those feeling that rage out of control nearly every moment of every day.
I can take my full-colored, genuine, dump truck full of emotional baggage and through this magical medium unload it all onto the ever-ready, ever-waiting pages. Leaving me free to move on, free to think clearly, logically once again, free to leave the spinning stories which have taken over my brain behind and move forward in a healthy, productive way.
The ultimate life coach, writing helps me to work through the never ending list of unbelievably complicated complexities that are the tapestry God has woven together and given to me as the beautiful afghan covering my life. Oh the problems we have 'solved' the two of us alone at my kitchen table cup of coffee in hand, or in the cramped seat of an airplane cabin, or at the luxurious table of a five-star hotel cafe. Writing word after word, page after page until things become clear...worked through...God-ordained...Spirit-led... peace-filled once again.
So much to say.
So many lines to write.
I am thankful that I have been given the gift of writing. The way I express myself. The way I can show others, in my very own way, the real me, my real life.
~lk
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
So many lines to write.
So many pages to fill.
While others write a song or compose a poem or paint a picture or capture a photo, my preferred form of self-expression is the written word.
Not just one word. Not in any way concise. The more verbose, the better. The more words, the more emotions, the more feelings and thoughts and ramblings and frustrations and joys and confusions and conclusions that can come out of my brain and be channeled through the pen or the keys of the computer....the better.
The blank page is my friend.
The journal is the one who seems to understand.
The computer screen sits patiently and listens to every...single...word....
Without interrupting.
Without judging.
Without getting bored.
Without looking at me like I've completely lost my mind.
The written word understands me when I think and express myself so differently than the 'normal' person. In fact, the pages of my journals seem to embrace my extreme abnormality. Am I crazy? Am I being offensive? Have I gone bonkers once again? The page filled with scribbled-on ink doesn't care. It feels happy to have fulfilled it's purpose of containing my thoughts, corralling my emotions, fencing in those feeling that rage out of control nearly every moment of every day.
I can take my full-colored, genuine, dump truck full of emotional baggage and through this magical medium unload it all onto the ever-ready, ever-waiting pages. Leaving me free to move on, free to think clearly, logically once again, free to leave the spinning stories which have taken over my brain behind and move forward in a healthy, productive way.
The ultimate life coach, writing helps me to work through the never ending list of unbelievably complicated complexities that are the tapestry God has woven together and given to me as the beautiful afghan covering my life. Oh the problems we have 'solved' the two of us alone at my kitchen table cup of coffee in hand, or in the cramped seat of an airplane cabin, or at the luxurious table of a five-star hotel cafe. Writing word after word, page after page until things become clear...worked through...God-ordained...Spirit-led... peace-filled once again.
So much to say.
So many lines to write.
I am thankful that I have been given the gift of writing. The way I express myself. The way I can show others, in my very own way, the real me, my real life.
~lk
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Comments