With Joy

I have been blessed with a family that has taught me from a very early age the value of joy. It is a quality that has come easily to me in all times of my life - the fantastic, the good, the bad, the ugly...

This is true joy, fruit of the Spirit, given by God, eternally evident joy, commanded by God kind of stuff. Not just feeling happy.

I am so thankful for this as it has sustained me through dark times and through difficult passages.

I am in one of those "difficult passages" of life at the moment, but am thankful for the joy that has been helping me through. I have been reading "The Pillars of Christian Character" by John MacArthur as a devotion to remind me of the consistency of God during trying times.

Today's chapter was on the "pillar" of Joy.

I wanted to share the main points with you as they were so poignant to me, resonating freshly and renewing my heart. I hope they do the same for you. I've just listed the points here. You can of course get the book for yourself to read the full commentary. I bet it's even available for your Kindle.

Reasons to Be Constantly Joyful - by John MacArthur

1. Joy is an act of proper response to the character of God.

2. Joy is a proper response to the work of Christ.

3. Joy is a show of confidence in the work of the Holy Spirit.

4. Joy is a reasonable response to continual spiritual blessings.

5. Joy is a proper response to God's providence. (Love this one....)

6. Joy is a proper response to the promise of future glory.

7. Joy demonstrates thankfulness for answered prayer.

8. Joy demonstrates a genuine thankfulness and appreciation for God's Word.

9. Joy comes from an appreciation for Christian fellowship.

Be encouraged; be joyful. God is with us at all times and is eternally good.

~lk

Comments

Kris said…
I need the Like button for this!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day