Congratulations, Justine
Ah the sweet joy of professional tennis.
Was thrilled to arrive home after an 18+hour air trip to be able to watch the finals of the French Open... even more happy to see Justine Henin-Hardenne win it for the second year in a row.
I wonder who I would root for if Justine ever plays Sania?
Tonight... Federer vs. Nadal. I know Nadal is excellent and deserves to win this because of his stellar record on clay courts over the last year or two... but I still want to see Federer win as he has not yet claimed the title at Roland Garros. My friend 'little Ben' will heartily disagree, I'm sure.
~lk
**Update June 11 -- Alas, Federer lost.... He could have played a bit better, but I'm sure what the television did now show clearly was the power of Nadal's shots, as well as his extremely quick footwork. Interesting, eh, both of this year's French Open winners were back-to-back champions! Now *that* is extremely commendable considering the erratic state of professional tennis these days.
Next stop... Wimbledon!
Was thrilled to arrive home after an 18+hour air trip to be able to watch the finals of the French Open... even more happy to see Justine Henin-Hardenne win it for the second year in a row.
I wonder who I would root for if Justine ever plays Sania?
Tonight... Federer vs. Nadal. I know Nadal is excellent and deserves to win this because of his stellar record on clay courts over the last year or two... but I still want to see Federer win as he has not yet claimed the title at Roland Garros. My friend 'little Ben' will heartily disagree, I'm sure.
~lk
**Update June 11 -- Alas, Federer lost.... He could have played a bit better, but I'm sure what the television did now show clearly was the power of Nadal's shots, as well as his extremely quick footwork. Interesting, eh, both of this year's French Open winners were back-to-back champions! Now *that* is extremely commendable considering the erratic state of professional tennis these days.
Next stop... Wimbledon!
Comments
:)
courtney
lk