Healing Rain

What a tremendous, overwhelming sense of joy and peace comes over me when I see the clouds rolling in... when I smell the moisture in the air... when I see the lightning flashing in the sky... when I hear the thunder gently rumbling in the distance. Even now, I can hear the gentle tapping of the most delightful raindrops on our window, on our balcony floor, on our window air conditioning unit.

It is monsoon. It is wonderful.

For me, the rain seems to bring with it such a high level of comfort and well being. Assurance for a 'slightly' cooler summer next year. Puddles for splashing by toddler feet. Blankets on beds at night. Waking up in the morning with that special 'chill' in the air. Clean, refreshed, beautiful.

I love the rain. It makes me feel happy. It makes me feel calm.

I need the rain. This week has not been an easy one. Overload both professionally and emotionally have plagued me this week. That the rain has come helps heal and helps refresh. Yes, I really needed that this week. What a true blessing to receive. Healing rain, indeed.

Thank you, God, for the rain. Come on rain... keep pouring down on my soul.

~lk

Comments

Kim G. said…
Leah -
You can take the girl out of Oregon, but you can't take Oregon out of the girl! That's why you love the rain! *smile*

Heard a bit about your tough week and please know that I'm praying for you and Kevin. Take care!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections