Feeding the Hungry

Every day at our house, we feed people.

Yes, that's right... one of our primary jobs is to feed the hungry people who come through our doors.

Because of where we live, many of you might be thinking that we have started a new mercy ministry for people from the slums, or a new midday meal program for underprivileged children who attend schools run by some of our friends.

Well, you would be wrong.

The hungry people to whom I am referring are all the international friends and visitors who frequent our doorstep in search of pizza, spaghetti, quesadillas, cashew chicken, or the ever famous "Pamela's Chicken Biryani". We feed the hungry. We feed the Americans.

This feeding program naturally means that we buy a lot of food. We need a lot of plates. We need a lot of table space. Earlier this year we upgraded from a four-person round table with four chairs to a six-person table previously housed in our office. The breaking point came when we tried to fit 12 people around the four-person table. Yes, that's right... 12. It didn't work.

We are also learning that more food means a need for more food storage. We definitely need a new fridge. Being the professional shopper that I am, I of course have the new one picked out. It lives at the TMC Appliance Store near the airport. I occasionally visit it and promise it that one day we will be back to take it home. I believe that day will be soon.

The difficulty, of course, is that the fridge (due to its mammoth size and capacity) costs a small fortune. We are saving our pennies in anticipation of buying it one day, but somehow it's just not going fast enough for me. The cramming of fresh fruits and veggies, leftovers, diet coke and multiple loaves of bread into our current fridge is driving me crazy. There must be a way to get the beloved and prized cooling device into my house with greater speed.

Behold, a solution.

Thanks to an email tip from my friend Ben S, I now have a new strategy for getting the new fridge, (and hey, while I'm at it, why not the new car and new flat-screen plasma TV as well) that I want...

Yes, this is a story I've heard before, and don't even know if it's true, but it surely couldn't hurt to try.

Blogger proves one red paper clip can indeed buy a house
Monday, July 10, 2006; Posted: 4:23 p.m. EDT (20:23 GMT)

(AP) -- Taking a paper clip and turning it into a house sounds like a cheesy magic trick or a phony instance of resourcefulness on the 1980s TV show "MacGyver."

Kyle MacDonald, however, has pulled it off.

One year ago, the 26-year-old blogger from Montreal set out to barter one red paper clip for something and that thing for something else, over and over again until he had a house.

www.cnn.com

New fridge... here I come!!

~lk

Comments

Amber Himes said…
Pretty soon people are gonna start calling you Mama Kadwell. The only question is, will they turn the other cheek when you slap them across the face for calling you Mama Kadwell.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day