The Most Amazing Gift
I received the most amazing gift yesterday.
Five towels, two hot pads and an oven mitt.
Yes, that's right, kitchen linens have made my day. If you were to visit my house and see the state of my old kitchen linens, you would completely understand. "Dingy" pales in comparison to what my towels currently are. Although I wash them after every use, the towels had taken on a new sense of disgusting. Air drying the dishes was the only option as I couldn't imagine letting the now-completely-greyed towels touch freshly washed dishes off of which we would later have to eat.
So yesterday, as our new friend Suzie unpacked her suitcase and presented us with the green, tan, white and checked kitchen linens (all matching even!), my heart overflowed with joy. An amazing and thoughtful gift. Actually, the nicest kitchen towels, hot pads and oven mitt I have ever owned.
(Yes, you're right, I do get excited by the small things in life. However, it is sometimes appreciation for the small things that make life enjoyable and allow us to attribute so much more of our mundane existence to the ONE who makes all things good and pleasant and truly abundant day after day after day.)
Thanks, Suzie!
~lk
Five towels, two hot pads and an oven mitt.
Yes, that's right, kitchen linens have made my day. If you were to visit my house and see the state of my old kitchen linens, you would completely understand. "Dingy" pales in comparison to what my towels currently are. Although I wash them after every use, the towels had taken on a new sense of disgusting. Air drying the dishes was the only option as I couldn't imagine letting the now-completely-greyed towels touch freshly washed dishes off of which we would later have to eat.
So yesterday, as our new friend Suzie unpacked her suitcase and presented us with the green, tan, white and checked kitchen linens (all matching even!), my heart overflowed with joy. An amazing and thoughtful gift. Actually, the nicest kitchen towels, hot pads and oven mitt I have ever owned.
(Yes, you're right, I do get excited by the small things in life. However, it is sometimes appreciation for the small things that make life enjoyable and allow us to attribute so much more of our mundane existence to the ONE who makes all things good and pleasant and truly abundant day after day after day.)
Thanks, Suzie!
~lk
Comments