New Nemesis

In the last month, I have finally given in to societal pressure and joined a gym. Yes, for the first time in my life, I actually have a gym membership card. And, like most other people on earth, I am committed to going.... at least for now.

I want to start off 'easy' and not get gym-burnout too early, and so am mostly focusing my time just walking on the treadmill -- good pace, some incline, manage a cardio-burning heart rate.

However, as is the case in all gyms, on Tuesday, there were no treadmills available. Not wanting to waste time, I hopped onto what I now term as my new nemesis. The elliptical.

Ugh. The elliptical. I hate that machine! When I get off the thing I cannot feel my legs... which ultimately means I basically fall over and look completely ridiculous. The lactic acid build up in my less frequently used muscles is aching. My arms hurt. I'm exhausted.

But sadly, I think I'm already addicted to the thing.

New gym commitment: Treadmill on Monday, Wednesday, Friday; Elliptical on Tuesday, Thursday.

And throughout all the pain and exhaustion, I *better* be losing weight.

Ugh. The Elliptical.

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day