Personal Triumph

I love living in India. It enables me to do so many things that I never thought I would ever do. It also lends itself to doing new things -- nearly something new every day.

Today I did something new that I consider a personal homemaking triumph...

I made mayonaise!

Amazing, eh? I don't know why I've never done it before. It was so easy... just add all the (very simple) ingredients to the blender... and voila! Mayonaise.

Just in case you were wondering, no, I'm not just *that* ambitious. I had actually made all the fixin's for tuna pasta salad... cooked the noodles, cut up the onions and pickles, taken the tuna out of the cans... and then at the last minute realized I had no mayonaise. I initially thought that surely I would have to just put all the ingredients in the fridge and start another dinner. But then, thanks to my "More with Less" cookbook (4th favorite cookbook... behind Wycliffe, Rachael Ray and Saving Dinner)... I was able to make mayo in just 5 minutes. Amazing, I say... amazing.

A personal triumph. What will be our new adventure tomorrow!?!

~lk

Comments

Day by Day said…
Simply "amayozing".

Have been enjoying your blog journaling!
Love ya, Lisa

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections