Pink is the New White
I love pink.
I have a pink phone, pink shoes, pink pants, pink shirts...even pink kitchen utensils.
The other day on Oprah (a re-run from 2 years ago), the fashion experts said that pink looks good on everyone. I'm so happy about that. That means all the more pink. Hooray! Some have even said, "Pink is the new black..." Love it, love it, love it.
I think, however, my obsession with pink may have gone a bit too far.
The other day, I came home from an all day meeting to be greeted, as usual, by my two delightfully hyper, loud and brilliantly white colored dogs, Maggie and Celia. There was jumping, there was barking, there was licking, there was the joyful wagging of tails. A complete blur of white fuzz.
But then I noticed something a little different.
Celia was pink.
Oh my! I exclaimed. Celia is pink! What happened??
We ran through all the scenarios in our head. She had had a bath earlier in the afternoon. Was it the new shampoo? Did she have a cut on her and the pink was blood residue? Did someone play a cruel joke on us? We had no idea. We let the topic fade believing we'd never really know the answer.
Later in the night, however, Kevin realized what had happened. You see, Celia is a crazy little dog. Whenever she has a bath, she sprints out of the bathtub at top speed and heads straight for any surface on which there are pillows. First it is our bed. She rubs her face/nose in the bed until she has knocked off all the pillows. Then she runs out to the couch. Goodbye pillows. Then, the 'divan' (bed-like couch in our living room). See ya, pillows!
However, on this foray into nose-rubbing on the divan, Celia would be in for a surprise. After two years, I had just this week bought a new sheet/pillow set for the divan. They are red/burgundy in color. I was so excited to put the new cover on the divan and thereby brighten up our front room that I didn't take the time to wash them. When Celia threw her wet-dog body onto the new divan cover, the red color ran onto her freshly washed white coat. Thus, we now have a pink dog.
Thankfully pink is popular.
For Celia, Pink is the New White.
For me? A valuable lesson in washing sheets before use. :)
~lk
I have a pink phone, pink shoes, pink pants, pink shirts...even pink kitchen utensils.
The other day on Oprah (a re-run from 2 years ago), the fashion experts said that pink looks good on everyone. I'm so happy about that. That means all the more pink. Hooray! Some have even said, "Pink is the new black..." Love it, love it, love it.
I think, however, my obsession with pink may have gone a bit too far.
The other day, I came home from an all day meeting to be greeted, as usual, by my two delightfully hyper, loud and brilliantly white colored dogs, Maggie and Celia. There was jumping, there was barking, there was licking, there was the joyful wagging of tails. A complete blur of white fuzz.
But then I noticed something a little different.
Celia was pink.
Oh my! I exclaimed. Celia is pink! What happened??
We ran through all the scenarios in our head. She had had a bath earlier in the afternoon. Was it the new shampoo? Did she have a cut on her and the pink was blood residue? Did someone play a cruel joke on us? We had no idea. We let the topic fade believing we'd never really know the answer.
Later in the night, however, Kevin realized what had happened. You see, Celia is a crazy little dog. Whenever she has a bath, she sprints out of the bathtub at top speed and heads straight for any surface on which there are pillows. First it is our bed. She rubs her face/nose in the bed until she has knocked off all the pillows. Then she runs out to the couch. Goodbye pillows. Then, the 'divan' (bed-like couch in our living room). See ya, pillows!
However, on this foray into nose-rubbing on the divan, Celia would be in for a surprise. After two years, I had just this week bought a new sheet/pillow set for the divan. They are red/burgundy in color. I was so excited to put the new cover on the divan and thereby brighten up our front room that I didn't take the time to wash them. When Celia threw her wet-dog body onto the new divan cover, the red color ran onto her freshly washed white coat. Thus, we now have a pink dog.
Thankfully pink is popular.
For Celia, Pink is the New White.
For me? A valuable lesson in washing sheets before use. :)
~lk
Comments