Sweet Dreams
I love sleep.
I am absolutely convinced that I have one of the most comfortable beds on the face of the earth. I actually can say that with a bit of certainty and expertise seeing as I've slept in so many beds in so many places during my lifetime that I know good beds and I know bad beds.
I definitely have a good bed.
And in a good bed, sleep is even more sweet.
Every night when I drag myself away from the computer, from the work, from the demands of the day and fall into my wonderfully comfortable bed, I am so thankful for the 5-7 hours of rest I get to enjoy.
"Five to seven hours??" you exclaim. "That is not enough!"
You're right. It's not enough. You see, despite the fact that I love to sleep, I never get enough of it. When people ask me, "Are you a morning person or a night person?" I always answer -- "Neither!" I would love to sleep in late every morning and go to bed early every night. Sleep is good. I crave more of it.
I especially craved more sleep when last night... at 3:00am I was completely wide awake and wondering when that sweet fatigue was going to sweep over my ridiculously bright-eyed and bushy-tailed body. I had tried to go to sleep... early even! I went to bed around 9:30pm... casually read the new James Patterson novel... eventually putting the book away hoping that the closing of my eyes would signal the beginning of sweet dreams and listening for the tapping of the rain on the air conditioning unit mounted just outside my window. But it didn't work. After 2+ hours of struggling to find slumber, I gave up and went back to our home office to do some work.
Finally when 3:30am rolled around I returned to bed, hoping that counting backward from 100 or some kind of relaxed breathing exercise would help. I'm thinking I fell asleep around 4:00a. Not good.
Sleep. I love sleep. I need more sleep.
Tonight the clock reads just past midnight and I have just a little more work before I can go to bed. Just a few more minutes and I can retreat to my comfortable bed... with the delightfully soft yellow sheets... the gentle hum of our air conditioner... Maggie and Celia curled up by my feet... and the blessed darkness, quiet and solitude of the night.
Sweet dreams everyone, sweet dreams.
~lk
I am absolutely convinced that I have one of the most comfortable beds on the face of the earth. I actually can say that with a bit of certainty and expertise seeing as I've slept in so many beds in so many places during my lifetime that I know good beds and I know bad beds.
I definitely have a good bed.
And in a good bed, sleep is even more sweet.
Every night when I drag myself away from the computer, from the work, from the demands of the day and fall into my wonderfully comfortable bed, I am so thankful for the 5-7 hours of rest I get to enjoy.
"Five to seven hours??" you exclaim. "That is not enough!"
You're right. It's not enough. You see, despite the fact that I love to sleep, I never get enough of it. When people ask me, "Are you a morning person or a night person?" I always answer -- "Neither!" I would love to sleep in late every morning and go to bed early every night. Sleep is good. I crave more of it.
I especially craved more sleep when last night... at 3:00am I was completely wide awake and wondering when that sweet fatigue was going to sweep over my ridiculously bright-eyed and bushy-tailed body. I had tried to go to sleep... early even! I went to bed around 9:30pm... casually read the new James Patterson novel... eventually putting the book away hoping that the closing of my eyes would signal the beginning of sweet dreams and listening for the tapping of the rain on the air conditioning unit mounted just outside my window. But it didn't work. After 2+ hours of struggling to find slumber, I gave up and went back to our home office to do some work.
Finally when 3:30am rolled around I returned to bed, hoping that counting backward from 100 or some kind of relaxed breathing exercise would help. I'm thinking I fell asleep around 4:00a. Not good.
Sleep. I love sleep. I need more sleep.
Tonight the clock reads just past midnight and I have just a little more work before I can go to bed. Just a few more minutes and I can retreat to my comfortable bed... with the delightfully soft yellow sheets... the gentle hum of our air conditioner... Maggie and Celia curled up by my feet... and the blessed darkness, quiet and solitude of the night.
Sweet dreams everyone, sweet dreams.
~lk
Comments
I can so relate to this! About six months ago I had a terrible run of insomnia. I even went to a lecture at the local hospital about sleep disorders. I can't even tell you what eventually worked except that it is much better now. I hope yours too will pass! Say "hi" to K. and the kids for me. :)