Toaster Woes
I love appliances. It's as simple as that. I just love them.
We recently got a new refrigerator. I love it. It is the most amazing fridge ever. And we hardly had to pay anything for it... which makes the fridge all the better. I love to open its doors and look at the food inside. The other night a few vegetables and a couple cans of Diet Coke were 'out of place' and so I stayed up until after midnight cleaning the thing out and putting everything 'just so'.
I love my waffle maker. I love my blender. My coffee maker brings me joy.
I would love to own a food processor. My mouth waters every time I see a KitchenAid Mixer (the pink one, of course).
But of all my appliances, the one that I have had to buy more often than any other is the toaster. For some reason, our toasters break all the time. We have received two toasters as gifts from other people. We have bought two or three of our own. All of them? Gone. They broke. Gave up the ghost. Finished. "Ho-gyah"... as they say here.
"Why do your toasters break all time?" you ask. I have no idea. I don't believe we're 'harder' on our toasters than others. We put the bread in. We press down the button. We wait one minute. We take the toast out. Simple, right? Apparently not.
We never have to jam a fork/knife in because the bread here is so thin that it never gets stuck... no bagels to cause undue morning havoc like in the US. I clean it (well, wipe it off) every day. There's never any upside down shaking of the thing to release trapped toast crumbs. We are very gentle with it. We even unplug it when we're finished.
So why all the trouble? Who knows. It is a mystery.
Maybe God knows I love appliances and figures... hey, toasters are relatively cheap compared to other appliances. Let's let her buy a new toaster twice a year to get her appliance 'fix'... After all, it's way cheaper than buying the new KitchenAid Mixer, right?
Anyway, all this to say... it's once again time for a new toaster in the Kadwell house.
Two slices or four...........?
~lk
We recently got a new refrigerator. I love it. It is the most amazing fridge ever. And we hardly had to pay anything for it... which makes the fridge all the better. I love to open its doors and look at the food inside. The other night a few vegetables and a couple cans of Diet Coke were 'out of place' and so I stayed up until after midnight cleaning the thing out and putting everything 'just so'.
I love my waffle maker. I love my blender. My coffee maker brings me joy.
I would love to own a food processor. My mouth waters every time I see a KitchenAid Mixer (the pink one, of course).
But of all my appliances, the one that I have had to buy more often than any other is the toaster. For some reason, our toasters break all the time. We have received two toasters as gifts from other people. We have bought two or three of our own. All of them? Gone. They broke. Gave up the ghost. Finished. "Ho-gyah"... as they say here.
"Why do your toasters break all time?" you ask. I have no idea. I don't believe we're 'harder' on our toasters than others. We put the bread in. We press down the button. We wait one minute. We take the toast out. Simple, right? Apparently not.
We never have to jam a fork/knife in because the bread here is so thin that it never gets stuck... no bagels to cause undue morning havoc like in the US. I clean it (well, wipe it off) every day. There's never any upside down shaking of the thing to release trapped toast crumbs. We are very gentle with it. We even unplug it when we're finished.
So why all the trouble? Who knows. It is a mystery.
Maybe God knows I love appliances and figures... hey, toasters are relatively cheap compared to other appliances. Let's let her buy a new toaster twice a year to get her appliance 'fix'... After all, it's way cheaper than buying the new KitchenAid Mixer, right?
Anyway, all this to say... it's once again time for a new toaster in the Kadwell house.
Two slices or four...........?
~lk
Comments