Weight Wimp
Started doing a circuit of weights today after my cardio workout...
I am a complete wimp.
When I was in high school and college I was one of the strongest, most muscular girls on each of my athletic teams. Today, I am just a wimp.
I've decided that I do not want to build bulkier muscles, but that I want to tone what's already there. Therefore, I put the weights on the lowest possible setting... 30 lbs. Even at this miniscule amount, my arms and torso (the chosen circuit for today) were completely fatigued and shaking when I was finished.
How is it possible that I am such a wimp even though I have two small children that I heft around all day -- both of whom weigh approximately 30 lbs??? It is an oddity, I know. I am a wimp.
My favorite machine so far, however, is the torso twist machine -- kind of like doing oblique sit-ups... except while sitting upright and having 30 lbs of resistance. It was awesome. Come on flabby stomach... tighten up!!
Tomorrow is the dreaded elliptical day... plus another round of upper body weights. We'll see how it goes. Sadly, it's Libby's off day from the gym... I may need her or someone else to carry my noodle-like wimp-i-fied body out to the car afterward!
Until the next set of 10 reps...
~lk
I am a complete wimp.
When I was in high school and college I was one of the strongest, most muscular girls on each of my athletic teams. Today, I am just a wimp.
I've decided that I do not want to build bulkier muscles, but that I want to tone what's already there. Therefore, I put the weights on the lowest possible setting... 30 lbs. Even at this miniscule amount, my arms and torso (the chosen circuit for today) were completely fatigued and shaking when I was finished.
How is it possible that I am such a wimp even though I have two small children that I heft around all day -- both of whom weigh approximately 30 lbs??? It is an oddity, I know. I am a wimp.
My favorite machine so far, however, is the torso twist machine -- kind of like doing oblique sit-ups... except while sitting upright and having 30 lbs of resistance. It was awesome. Come on flabby stomach... tighten up!!
Tomorrow is the dreaded elliptical day... plus another round of upper body weights. We'll see how it goes. Sadly, it's Libby's off day from the gym... I may need her or someone else to carry my noodle-like wimp-i-fied body out to the car afterward!
Until the next set of 10 reps...
~lk
Comments