Let there be Light

I have been experiencing joy today.

I often write on this blog about things that bring me joy. You must read about these things and think, "Come on, Leah, get a life!" But nonetheless, I consider all my joy-producing people, activities, things and attitudes a great blessing from God. I need joy in my small yet eternally significant life. Without those small pockets of joy, there is no way I would survive. So thank you God, for filling me with joy.

And today, my joy has been quite great. Why??

I can see the bottom of my list of pending emails.

Yes, that's right, this brings me great joy. Usually I have to scroll down through a couple hundred messages that are all demanding my attention. It brings an interesting level of anxiety knowing that I can't even see all the things I'm supposed to do on one screen. I go to bed feeling 'unfinished' every night. Wondering how many more times I'll hear 'You've Got Mail' the next morning when I wake up. Praying that the majority of my messages will get kicked to the 'junk' pile as spam before even crossing my desk.

Is that odd that I hope for spam? Yes, I think it is.

I have been working diligently (and late into the night) over the course of the last eight weeks to try to significantly diminish the size of my in-box and get 'caught up'. I am actually beginning to hate those two words: 'caught up'... Will we ever *really* be caught up? I doubt it.

Therefore, after weeks of hard work, when today I finally could fit all my pending mails on less than one screen, I nearly jumped for joy. I still have an incredible amount of work to do, but at least the 'urgent' demands have become less. I can actually focus on my filed messages which require more creativity and concentration. I don't mind that type of concentration... in fact I enjoy it... when I don't have five thousand urgent demands on my docket.

Today, there was light at the end of my seemingly never ending email tunnel. Light, precious light. I am so, so thankful and definitely filled with JOY.

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections