No Liquids... No Problem!
Made it safely to Frankfurt, Germany, yesterday.
It was a completely uneventful trip... which in this day and age is a great blessing. I had carefully packed my carry on baggage, removing all liquids in order to comply with new airline regulations.... it is amazing first of all to see how much liquid I actually had in my purse. Nail polish, contact solution, shampoo, toothpaste, chapstick, lipstick, highlighter pens, hand cream, gel-caps...
But more importantly, it was amazing to see how I didn't actually need any of those things in flight! I made it through three flights without ever suffering at all. There was plenty of water on the flights... There was soap/water in the airports I could use to clean up... And of course plenty of beverages (including Starbucks!) right around every corner.
My carry on bags got searched three times before leaving India, but other than that, the security measures were just the same and did not seem to be heightened at all. HOO-RAY!
Air Travel might be more tense, but for now it is no more difficult than usual.
Very thankful!
~lk
It was a completely uneventful trip... which in this day and age is a great blessing. I had carefully packed my carry on baggage, removing all liquids in order to comply with new airline regulations.... it is amazing first of all to see how much liquid I actually had in my purse. Nail polish, contact solution, shampoo, toothpaste, chapstick, lipstick, highlighter pens, hand cream, gel-caps...
But more importantly, it was amazing to see how I didn't actually need any of those things in flight! I made it through three flights without ever suffering at all. There was plenty of water on the flights... There was soap/water in the airports I could use to clean up... And of course plenty of beverages (including Starbucks!) right around every corner.
My carry on bags got searched three times before leaving India, but other than that, the security measures were just the same and did not seem to be heightened at all. HOO-RAY!
Air Travel might be more tense, but for now it is no more difficult than usual.
Very thankful!
~lk
Comments