This Week: Germany

I am going to Germany on Thursday.

I have many mixed emotions about this trip.

I am of course very excited to be going somewhere I've never been. I am really looking forward to seeing my international colleagues that I only see once or twice a year. I am definitely looking forward to a Starbucks in the airport when I arrive... and hopefully a hamburger.

On the other hand, I am also a bit apprehensive. I'm going to a country where English is not the first language. I have no real idea what the food or climate will be like. I have no idea of the geography of the country. (I suppose I could look all this up...) I definitely know we'll be slammed with meetings. And I will have to keep up with my other work while I'm there... although I will surely have fewer emails to answer seeing as 1/2 the people who send me email will be at the conference with me. That makes me happy.

So this week, I have to 1) make sure my cell phone has international roaming; 2) plan a menu for Kevin and the kids while I'm gone; 3) pack my carry-on without liquids or gels!; 4) attend several meetings and entertain my children while they are off school for 2 days for local holidays; and 5) prepare a 1 1/2 hour seminar on communication and writing!

I better get to it ...

Hopefully I'll be able to get online freely while traveling so I can bring you updates along the way. Busy week ahead!!

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day