Another First...
I did something new again today...
I cooked zucchini!
OK that sounds really lame, but seriously, I've never in my life bought a zucchini, grown a zucchini, cut a zucchini or cooked a zucchini! I have eaten some, but not a lot. They have been more readily available in a few of the markets here recently and so I thought, hey, what the heck, I'm going to buy one and see what I can make with it.
So tonight was the night. I took the long, green, speckled veggie out of my delightful fridge and put it on the counter. And then I wasn't sure what to do. Do I peel it? No, I didn't think so. So I just started slicing it up into circles. And then I cut them into quarters... and then I added it to the rest of the veggies I had prepared for my chicken/veggie stir fry (which... incidentally was fabulously friendly to my food diary... less than 300 calories in a 1 1/2 cup serving!).
After plating the stir fry and sitting down to consume it (I was starving!), I tasted the chicken first since it had been a few days since I had chicken (we ran out... my mental inventory sheet somehow went blank when I was at the store), and then I eagerly dove into the zucchini. It was delicious. I was very proud of myself. A beautiful green vegetable, healthy, low in calories and perfectly cooked. YUM-O as my good friend Rachael Ray would say!
So.... after you buy your pineapple... go buy a zucchini! Good and good for you :) (ha ha ha)
~lk
I cooked zucchini!
OK that sounds really lame, but seriously, I've never in my life bought a zucchini, grown a zucchini, cut a zucchini or cooked a zucchini! I have eaten some, but not a lot. They have been more readily available in a few of the markets here recently and so I thought, hey, what the heck, I'm going to buy one and see what I can make with it.
So tonight was the night. I took the long, green, speckled veggie out of my delightful fridge and put it on the counter. And then I wasn't sure what to do. Do I peel it? No, I didn't think so. So I just started slicing it up into circles. And then I cut them into quarters... and then I added it to the rest of the veggies I had prepared for my chicken/veggie stir fry (which... incidentally was fabulously friendly to my food diary... less than 300 calories in a 1 1/2 cup serving!).
After plating the stir fry and sitting down to consume it (I was starving!), I tasted the chicken first since it had been a few days since I had chicken (we ran out... my mental inventory sheet somehow went blank when I was at the store), and then I eagerly dove into the zucchini. It was delicious. I was very proud of myself. A beautiful green vegetable, healthy, low in calories and perfectly cooked. YUM-O as my good friend Rachael Ray would say!
So.... after you buy your pineapple... go buy a zucchini! Good and good for you :) (ha ha ha)
~lk
Comments
Do you get the new Rachel Ray tv show in India? I've only seen it once but it was pretty fun.