Better than Nothing

I am having one of those months....

One of those months where my motivation level for working is pretty low. I hate when I have these little 'off-phases' because I love to get lots and lots of work done. It eases my anxiety level; it boosts my self-esteem (falsely, I know, but still...); and bottomline, it helps a lot of people out if I'm able to accomplish lots of things in a short amount of time.

But this month it's just not happening.

Of course, I'm not laying around in bed or on the couch all day eating bon-bons (especially with the new weight loss plan... are you kidding me!?!?), but still, it is much easier to surf the net, or write on this blog, or check my fantasy football scores, or watch TV, or read a book, or write in my food journal... or do any other thing imaginable except work.

So my philosophy for this month and this 'off-phase' is... just get *something* done today... because something, no matter how small, is better than nothing. I'll write 2 reports (instead of 10), even though I don't really feel like it, and then go to bed. I'll answer 3 emails (instead of 25), even though I can't think straight, and then go to bed. At least it is something!

I've taken to list making and checking things off this month in an effort to encourage myself to keep going. A few checkmarks here and there signify that I *am* actually making some progress, even though I don't feel productive.

Tomorrow it could all change! Who knows!?!? I could be ready to take on the world again... stay up 'til 2am... write an eloquent 50 page booklet for my boss that gets published all around the world! But for today, I'll just get a few things done before retiring for tonight. That will surely be better than chucking it all in and burying myself in the warm comfort of my bed on these cool, rainy late-monsoon nights.

Hopefully there won't be that much more piled on tomorrow.

~lk

Comments

Amber Himes said…
{{{big bear hug}}}

thank you for all that you do! you're amazing!

love you!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections