Food Diary Update

Well, apparently the suffering my Food Diary has invoked is worth it.

I lost 4.4 pounds last week!

Of course I know that it is mostly 'water weight' ... and that people starting a new weight loss program always lose a lot in the first week... but still it's better than gaining!

I exercised Monday through Friday for 75-90 minutes each time (elliptical plus treadmill) and tried my best to limit portion size and eat fruit instead of ice cream... Hmmm imagine that, you lose weight if you don't eat 1,000 calories of ice cream every night.... who'd've ever thought that!

My goal is to eat less than 2,000 calories every day -- hopefully somewhere between 1,200 and 1,500. For me that is really difficult, though, so I'm generally happy with anything under 2,000. My 'best' day was Sunday (a non-exercise day) with 1,238 calories. My 'worst' day was Thursday with 2,573 calories.

I'm also trying to not eat after 7:00pm. Some days that is easy, some days that is difficult.

OK! A 'triumphant' week one of Food Diary. Surely next week will not be so triumphant, but at least I'm making an effort. Please Lord, give me the help that I need.

~lk

Comments

Cheryl said…
You've inspired me! Let's see...I just had oatmeal, blueberries and milk for breakfast....

Keep up the good work! Seriously...you have inspired me! I've got to DO something about these numbers I'm seeing on my scale! Have a great week! You go girl!
The SC Elwarts said…
Congratulations on the weight lost, and may it never be found again. :)

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day