Housebound
Do you ever feel as if you never actually leave your house?
It must be the phase of life I am in... two toddlers at home... but seriously I feel as if I never leave my house. I mean, yes, I leave the house. We go to school every morning and I get to the gym while I'm waiting for the kids to get done with school. But after that, it's the same schedule every day....
1. Lunch
2. Bathtime for kids
3. Naptime for kids
4. Playtime for kids
5. Dinner
6. Get ready for bed
7. Claire to bed
8. Clark to bed
We can't go out after school since the kids are too tired...so we stay home. We can't go out to dinner because restaurants here don't open 'til 7:30p which is 1/2 hour past the kids bedtime...so we stay home. We basically don't go out after dark! (Oh! I must be in training for the 'old woman' title I gave myself a few blog entries back...it's all making sense now!)
Today I was asking someone where they went out to dinner or what meeting they went to earlier in the week... Living vicariously through someone else who actually crosses the threshold of their front door!
But don't get me wrong... I'm not 100% complaining... There is an up-side.
The benefits? I get a lot of work done. I'm almost always available to take phone calls! We save a lot of money since we don't go out to eat or go shopping. We save money on fuel charges since the car lies dormant after 1pm. I get to read lots of stories and do lots of coloring with my kids! We get to watch Friends twice a day :) I have hours to think about new blog entries. My house stays relatively de-cluttered because I can't stand to spend this many hours in a house filled with clutter. I have a great view of the airport and can go out on our terrace anytime day or night to watch planes land and takeoff. I can watch weather move in from the West and be the first to predict rain (since I'm home all the time and watch the skies!) Since I'm an introvert at heart, I don't actually have to talk to that many people face to face... (ok, I guess that's not a 'benefit' as much as it is a 'cop-out'... :) )
Housebound. The good, the bad, the crazy. At least I like my house. But beware... I might start painting/re-decorating soon! Where is that Extreme Home Makeover show when you need it? (OK better stop before Kevin gets worried about these new housebound ambitions!)
~lk
It must be the phase of life I am in... two toddlers at home... but seriously I feel as if I never leave my house. I mean, yes, I leave the house. We go to school every morning and I get to the gym while I'm waiting for the kids to get done with school. But after that, it's the same schedule every day....
1. Lunch
2. Bathtime for kids
3. Naptime for kids
4. Playtime for kids
5. Dinner
6. Get ready for bed
7. Claire to bed
8. Clark to bed
We can't go out after school since the kids are too tired...so we stay home. We can't go out to dinner because restaurants here don't open 'til 7:30p which is 1/2 hour past the kids bedtime...so we stay home. We basically don't go out after dark! (Oh! I must be in training for the 'old woman' title I gave myself a few blog entries back...it's all making sense now!)
Today I was asking someone where they went out to dinner or what meeting they went to earlier in the week... Living vicariously through someone else who actually crosses the threshold of their front door!
But don't get me wrong... I'm not 100% complaining... There is an up-side.
The benefits? I get a lot of work done. I'm almost always available to take phone calls! We save a lot of money since we don't go out to eat or go shopping. We save money on fuel charges since the car lies dormant after 1pm. I get to read lots of stories and do lots of coloring with my kids! We get to watch Friends twice a day :) I have hours to think about new blog entries. My house stays relatively de-cluttered because I can't stand to spend this many hours in a house filled with clutter. I have a great view of the airport and can go out on our terrace anytime day or night to watch planes land and takeoff. I can watch weather move in from the West and be the first to predict rain (since I'm home all the time and watch the skies!) Since I'm an introvert at heart, I don't actually have to talk to that many people face to face... (ok, I guess that's not a 'benefit' as much as it is a 'cop-out'... :) )
Housebound. The good, the bad, the crazy. At least I like my house. But beware... I might start painting/re-decorating soon! Where is that Extreme Home Makeover show when you need it? (OK better stop before Kevin gets worried about these new housebound ambitions!)
~lk
Comments