It's Really Me
I was so excited this week to see that some of my favorite celebrities now have their own blogs! Katie Couric, Ellen Degeneres, Rachael Ray... and even Martha Stewart is doing a live chat.
Or so we think....
A question occurred to my overly naive and yet growingly cynical mind... do they *really* write their own blogs? Or is it all part of an elaborate (and yet probably effective) marketing campaign where one of their staff (who they may or may not even know personally!) sits at a desk and thinks up 'brilliant' things to say on their behalf all day.
(Actually, I could do that job!)
That really made me a little sad because as one of the 'little people' it made me kind of happy and created a nice little diversion in the middle of my day to think that I could have a personal connection of some kind with someone previously only viewed and carefully scripted on TV. Maybe Katie Couric does really write some of her own stuff. Maybe Ellen Degeneres does sit at her desk and her assistant reminds her to type something up before she goes home at the end of the day. Somehow, though, I doubt it. They probably write a few ideas down and then someone else has at it. Very sad.
Well, for all my faithful readers out there (yes, all THREE of you!)... I want to assure you that it truly is Leah Kadwell writing this blog. I do not have a staff blogging on my behalf. I do not have a ghost writer. These words are all from me.
... at least for now :)
~lk
Or so we think....
A question occurred to my overly naive and yet growingly cynical mind... do they *really* write their own blogs? Or is it all part of an elaborate (and yet probably effective) marketing campaign where one of their staff (who they may or may not even know personally!) sits at a desk and thinks up 'brilliant' things to say on their behalf all day.
(Actually, I could do that job!)
That really made me a little sad because as one of the 'little people' it made me kind of happy and created a nice little diversion in the middle of my day to think that I could have a personal connection of some kind with someone previously only viewed and carefully scripted on TV. Maybe Katie Couric does really write some of her own stuff. Maybe Ellen Degeneres does sit at her desk and her assistant reminds her to type something up before she goes home at the end of the day. Somehow, though, I doubt it. They probably write a few ideas down and then someone else has at it. Very sad.
Well, for all my faithful readers out there (yes, all THREE of you!)... I want to assure you that it truly is Leah Kadwell writing this blog. I do not have a staff blogging on my behalf. I do not have a ghost writer. These words are all from me.
... at least for now :)
~lk
Comments
Miss you