Mmmmmm....

I am eating the most delicious pineapple right now.

I've been doing the round of fruits and veggies these days as those of you who read my blog know. Today it is pineapple's turn. I actually bought a pineapple last week that didn't look ripe yet, hoping that by the time I actually got around to cutting it up and eating it that it would be ripe. However, I learned from my househelper Pamela that the pineapple I bought was not actually ever going to ripen because it had been picked too early. How did she know this? I have no idea. But her theory seemed correct because the thing had been sitting on my counter for a week and was no closer to being ripe. Usually it takes about 12 hours here for a mostly-ripe pineapple to turn fully-ripe. Not a week.

So I finally gave in and threw that one away and went out and bought myself a new pineapple today.

And I'm eating some of it right now. Mmmmm. It is so delicious! Maybe because it's a non-workout day today and so I have to really watch what I eat... or maybe it's just a really tasty pineapple! Either way, my mouth is rejoicing with each bite and I just had to tell all of you about it.

Happy fruit hunting... Go out and buy some today!

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

These are a few of my favorite things

Birthday Reflections