The Ultimate Commute

Another funny phrase came out of my mouth today...

"I have to go to the airport to pick up my son from school!"

What!?! The airport? That's a pretty amazing commute!

The truth? Clark just started riding 'the bus' home from school. It's actually a little Maruti van that the school uses to bring children to/from school. Previously I used to take the kids both to school in the morning and home again at lunch time. However, Clark's class timings just changed to go for an extra hour every day and that is just too long for me to hang around and pick him up. So now he takes 'the bus'.

The problem is that our house is too far from the school for 'the bus' to bring him all the way home. Therefore, I have agreed to meet them every day at a designated spot nearer to my house to fetch Clark every day.

The designated spot? The airport.

Yes, that's right, the airport, which is only 1 kilometer as the crow flies from our house, is the best place to pick Clark up every day. I leave the house at 1:30pm and go park on the side of the road until the little yellow Kangaroo Kids van pulls up alongside me and Clark hops in. It's quite convenient, actually. A 10 minute drive instead of a 45 minute drive.

Clark loves taking 'the bus'... and I love saying, "I have to pick Clark up at the airport!"

~lk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day