What's Up
A little update from me:
1. It is Diwali here in South Asia... the festival of lights... the holiday of firecrackers... BOOM! We love the view of the entire city we have from our 6th floor balcony -- able to see everyone around celebrating the season.
2. Watched the St. Louis Cardinals beat the New York Mets this morning... I think I'm happy with that outcome as the Detroit Tigers might have a slightly easier chance against the Cardinals. Time will tell! My brother is so excited.
3. Food Diary has been going fairly well these days... went traveling last weekend and the weight loss program went completely out the window for 3 days and so I feel like a complete failure. Obviously I have not gained back all the weight I've lost, but it sure feels like it. So I've made a new goal for myself that until I reach a certain weight (completely reasonable, just a few pounds) I cannot get my nails done again. I usually get a pedicure once every two weeks (it costs less than $5 here, so it's not exactly a luxury, more of a 'footcare regimen'). So in actuality, this is a big sacrifice. We wear sandals all the time, so we must have healthy looking feet! I am not, however going to weigh myself for some more time... maybe not 'til October 30 depending on how the eating goes this weekend. I'm just too depressed about last weekend's eating escapades to brave the scale.
4. It is October and this has turned out to be the busiest, most stressful month of the year so far. I am very thankful that we are more than halfway done. I'm really looking forward to November. Also, I love the 'autumn' feeling of October. We don't exactly have colored leaves and apple cider doughnuts here, but in recent years we have had an abundance of pumpkins. I'm planning to buy a couple very soon to bake, puree and freeze in preparation for thanksgiving.
5. Used my delightful Kitchenaid mixer today to make brownies for dessert (I had 3 brownies.. that was not good... but also not the end of the world... and mmmm were they tasty!) made from a recipe found in a Martha Stewart magazine. Felt extra 'chef-like' while I was making them. And then later made 2 batches of chocolate chip scones for Kevin, the kids, Peter and Scott to eat while I'm away.
6. Oh! I'm going away for a girls weekend with two colleagues from Denver. If we can prevent ourselves from talking about work (possible? I doubt it, but we can try) then we should have a delightful relaxing time. I am looking forward to sitting on the patio of our 'luxury villa', looking out over the Bay of Bengal, reading one of three books I'm bringing with me, and drinking cappuchinos and icy cold diet cokes.
7. What am I reading? Presently, The Devil Wears Prada. It is hilarious so far (only about 6 chapters in... so if you've read it and it actually turns out not to be hilarious or in some way inappropriate, forgive me!)... and! It completely describes my life... well, without the high fashion, immorality and materialism. I can just relate. I might make it required reading for anyone else who joins my team. :)
Well, that's all from me tonight. Good night and good luck.
~lk
1. It is Diwali here in South Asia... the festival of lights... the holiday of firecrackers... BOOM! We love the view of the entire city we have from our 6th floor balcony -- able to see everyone around celebrating the season.
2. Watched the St. Louis Cardinals beat the New York Mets this morning... I think I'm happy with that outcome as the Detroit Tigers might have a slightly easier chance against the Cardinals. Time will tell! My brother is so excited.
3. Food Diary has been going fairly well these days... went traveling last weekend and the weight loss program went completely out the window for 3 days and so I feel like a complete failure. Obviously I have not gained back all the weight I've lost, but it sure feels like it. So I've made a new goal for myself that until I reach a certain weight (completely reasonable, just a few pounds) I cannot get my nails done again. I usually get a pedicure once every two weeks (it costs less than $5 here, so it's not exactly a luxury, more of a 'footcare regimen'). So in actuality, this is a big sacrifice. We wear sandals all the time, so we must have healthy looking feet! I am not, however going to weigh myself for some more time... maybe not 'til October 30 depending on how the eating goes this weekend. I'm just too depressed about last weekend's eating escapades to brave the scale.
4. It is October and this has turned out to be the busiest, most stressful month of the year so far. I am very thankful that we are more than halfway done. I'm really looking forward to November. Also, I love the 'autumn' feeling of October. We don't exactly have colored leaves and apple cider doughnuts here, but in recent years we have had an abundance of pumpkins. I'm planning to buy a couple very soon to bake, puree and freeze in preparation for thanksgiving.
5. Used my delightful Kitchenaid mixer today to make brownies for dessert (I had 3 brownies.. that was not good... but also not the end of the world... and mmmm were they tasty!) made from a recipe found in a Martha Stewart magazine. Felt extra 'chef-like' while I was making them. And then later made 2 batches of chocolate chip scones for Kevin, the kids, Peter and Scott to eat while I'm away.
6. Oh! I'm going away for a girls weekend with two colleagues from Denver. If we can prevent ourselves from talking about work (possible? I doubt it, but we can try) then we should have a delightful relaxing time. I am looking forward to sitting on the patio of our 'luxury villa', looking out over the Bay of Bengal, reading one of three books I'm bringing with me, and drinking cappuchinos and icy cold diet cokes.
7. What am I reading? Presently, The Devil Wears Prada. It is hilarious so far (only about 6 chapters in... so if you've read it and it actually turns out not to be hilarious or in some way inappropriate, forgive me!)... and! It completely describes my life... well, without the high fashion, immorality and materialism. I can just relate. I might make it required reading for anyone else who joins my team. :)
Well, that's all from me tonight. Good night and good luck.
~lk
Comments