Another New Career
Most of you know that I have big plans for the rest of my life... Well, theoretically anyway.
When I quit what I'm doing now, I plan to become... (in the following order):
1. A professional tennis player
2. A cooking show host
3. A talk show host
4. A broadway musical performer
5. A fiction author
.... and today I have decided on another one.
6. A sports writer/color commentator
I have been inspired by a) my brother's blogging about the Detroit Tigers; 2) recent watching of American football while dreading my low, low fantasy football scores; and 3) the hilarious color commentary during the World Cup 2006...
How fun would that be!?!? Basically watching sports all day every day (which I know many people would not find enjoyable, but I would find enjoyable) and then getting paid to say whatever you want about what you're watching! Half the time people aren't listening closely to the commentators so you wouldn't even really need to be speaking 100% coherently :)
So anyway, six careers from now I can be behind the camera on Monday Night Football and writing in a weekly column for the Detroit News. Watch for it. It'll be great.
~lk
When I quit what I'm doing now, I plan to become... (in the following order):
1. A professional tennis player
2. A cooking show host
3. A talk show host
4. A broadway musical performer
5. A fiction author
.... and today I have decided on another one.
6. A sports writer/color commentator
I have been inspired by a) my brother's blogging about the Detroit Tigers; 2) recent watching of American football while dreading my low, low fantasy football scores; and 3) the hilarious color commentary during the World Cup 2006...
How fun would that be!?!? Basically watching sports all day every day (which I know many people would not find enjoyable, but I would find enjoyable) and then getting paid to say whatever you want about what you're watching! Half the time people aren't listening closely to the commentators so you wouldn't even really need to be speaking 100% coherently :)
So anyway, six careers from now I can be behind the camera on Monday Night Football and writing in a weekly column for the Detroit News. Watch for it. It'll be great.
~lk
Comments
Here's my next five careers:
1. Oprah's book screener
2. Nate Burkas' assistant decorator
3. Editor for Random House Publishing
4. Travel writer for major magazines
5. Feature Film Director