Bond

Interestingly, Casino Royale, the new James Bond film, has hit South Asian theaters by storm!

Usually movies come to our town anywhere frmo 2 weeks to 6 months after they are in American theaters. I figured an action packed Bond film would be closer to 2 weeks... but it's actually already here... same opening day as the rest of the world.

However, is it in our 'good' theater? No. Not yet. In fact, I am not sure that the original English-language version is in any of our theaters here in town. I've only seen advertisements for the local-language dubbed version. Ah well... so much for going on opening day.

I'm not a huge James Bond fan. However, most of the movies are at least fun and interesting to watch. However, I missed the last Pierce-Brosnan-Bond-era film... you know, the one with Halle Berry... I actually own it on VCD (cheap version of DVD offered here) but have never watched it.

That is actually the story of my life... I own like a thousand movies (exaggeration!!) but haven't even watched half of them. I think it's time to take a break and watch some movies!

Anyway... welcome Daniel-Craig-Bond-era... You made it to South Asia right on time.

~lk

Comments

The SC Elwarts said…
Long gone are the Sean-Connery-era of Bond movies.

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day