The tension has really ratcheted up in the last couple of weeks. It seems like people are on edge. Extra nervous. Almost on the verge of panicking. Is it COVID? Is it the election? Is it the constant uncertainty that we’ve all been under for months and months and months… and months? So many of us thought that SURELY by the holidays we would have returned to ANY KIND of normal – old normal, new normal, abnormal… something. But no. Here we are. It’s in this unsettled state of existence that my heart has started hurting. It’s started hurting so much for all the broken people out there. Yes, there’s been a lot of breaking going on. Broken hearts, broken lives, you name it, things are breaking. And there is pain and suffering going on. And people who are broken need to be seen and heard and understood. I think what’s needed most right now is some g...
Every time I go away and then return back to this place that I enthusiastically call home, I am always reminded of the many things that I love about living here. I've just returned from a week in the US and upon my return after the trip have been once again bombarded with the small delights that bring me a great and genuine sense of joy in my everyday existence. For your reading enjoyment and your vicarious delight, here are just a few. 1. My hair dries more quickly and completely here. 2. Morning air does not produce a sore throat. 3. The slower pace of life allows me my much cherished time to think and read and write. 4. My washing machine, my coffee maker, my food processor and my fridge. 5. The generally friendly faces of my local colleagues and the warmth and usual sense of support I find when talking to them and interacting with them... they know me and love me despite my flaws and that is comforting. 6. Local traffic rules and the 'go with the flow of traffic' men...
It's my birthday - happy birthday to me! Let's see what the Lord had to say to me this morning in my time of reflection. Claire and Leah cutting the cake at the party Leah's boss Joseph threw From Psalm 103:1-14 God does these things for us: 1. Extends benefits to us... I want to watch for these benefits even in the lowest parts of my day 2. Forgives our sins... so we also should constantly forgive! 3. Heals us of all diseases... physical, but also mental and emotional 4. Redeems our lives from the pit... He *will* pull me out of the junk I'm going through 5. Crowns us with love and compassion... I can truly find genuine rest in Him 6. Satisfies our desires with good things... might not be what we desire, but we are satisfied! 7. Renews our youth so we can soar and thrive... ooo... I need that today! 8. Works righteousness for the oppressed... even for the oppressed leader who faces disrespect 9. Makes His way known to us... so we can choose to joyfully follow 10. Is s...
Comments
:)