December 6

December 6 is an exciting day in our household....

It is Kevin's birthday...

and it is our Wedding Anniversary. This year it's our 10th anniversary. We're pretty excited!

And it's the only day all year that we go away overnight with out the children. I think we're even more excited about that. We must plan to do this more than once a year. Not excessively, but at least twice a year... once every six months would be good. I should mark the calendar right now.

Since we'll be gone on Kevin's actual birthday, we had a birthday celebration for him with this kids tonight -- pizza and cake and ice cream (and I did not overeat!!) -- and presents... and I put all his candles for his age on the cake which was kind of funny when it was all lit. The kids loved loved loved it.

Tomorrow it's a special birthday breakfast in bed for Kevin... bacon, chocolate chip pancakes, doughnuts... YUM. Although I think I'll have my usual oatmeal. We'll definitely be overeating later in the day, so I think I'll save my calories for that.

All for now. I have a blog brewing in me on the topic of "Submission"... but I will get to that on Thursday or Friday.

Happy Birthday Kevin... and Happy Anniversary to me!

~lk

Comments

The SC Elwarts said…
Wow. It's hard to believe it was 10 years ago that you guys got married. Congratulations and a Happy Birthday to Kevin.
Matt Deane said…
I'll always remember your wedding as the only time I have ever played guitar in a tuxedo!

Happy Anniversary!
Lisa said…
Happy Birthday Kevin! and Happy 10th Wedding Anniversary. Not sure what is sweeter, celebrating the anniversary or having a night alone with no kiddos. :)
Congratulations!
Kim G. said…
Happy anniversary to you! :)

We get to go away this weekend to celebrate ours as well! Hope you have a wonderful time! And happy birthday Kevin!

Popular posts from this blog

On Compassion

On Thanksgiving

Thoughts on Election Day