Insider Information
I have recently begun meeting (virtually) with a life coach. I am so excited about it because 1) I desperately need input into my life; and 2) I want to be a life coach someday, so I need to know how to do it.
One of the first exercises I've done is to take the StrengthsFinder personal inventory by The Gallup Organization. Following are what it says are my top five personal strengths. I think those of you who know me will say, "Duh!"
1. Arranger: When faced with a complex situation involving many factors, I enjoy managing all of the variables, aligning and realigning them until I am sure I have arranged them in the most productive configuration possible. In my mind there is nothing special about what I am doing. But others, lacking this theme, will ask "How can you keep so many things in your head at once?"
2. Achiever: Explains my 'drive'. By the end of the day I must achieve something tangible... and by 'every day' I mean every single day -- workdays, weekends, vacations.
3. Responsibility: Forces me to take ownership for anything I commit to, and whether large or small, I feel emotionally bound to follow it through to completion. People will look to me first because they kow it will get done.
4. Maximizer: Excellence, not average, is my measure. Transforming something strong into something superb takes a great deal of effort and is very thrilling to me. Having found strengths in others, I feel compelled to nurture it, refine it, and stretch it toward excellence.
5. Relator: Pulls me toward people I already know. Derive great deal of pleasure and strength from being around close friends. Comfortable with intimacy. I want to understand my close friends feelings, goals, fears and dreams; and I want them to understand mine. For me, a relationship has value only if it is genuine.
So there you have it, some inside information about me. Not surprising or new. In fact, made me feel good that I actually fit in to 'categories'. Sometimes I feel as if there is no one out there quite like me :)
~lk
One of the first exercises I've done is to take the StrengthsFinder personal inventory by The Gallup Organization. Following are what it says are my top five personal strengths. I think those of you who know me will say, "Duh!"
1. Arranger: When faced with a complex situation involving many factors, I enjoy managing all of the variables, aligning and realigning them until I am sure I have arranged them in the most productive configuration possible. In my mind there is nothing special about what I am doing. But others, lacking this theme, will ask "How can you keep so many things in your head at once?"
2. Achiever: Explains my 'drive'. By the end of the day I must achieve something tangible... and by 'every day' I mean every single day -- workdays, weekends, vacations.
3. Responsibility: Forces me to take ownership for anything I commit to, and whether large or small, I feel emotionally bound to follow it through to completion. People will look to me first because they kow it will get done.
4. Maximizer: Excellence, not average, is my measure. Transforming something strong into something superb takes a great deal of effort and is very thrilling to me. Having found strengths in others, I feel compelled to nurture it, refine it, and stretch it toward excellence.
5. Relator: Pulls me toward people I already know. Derive great deal of pleasure and strength from being around close friends. Comfortable with intimacy. I want to understand my close friends feelings, goals, fears and dreams; and I want them to understand mine. For me, a relationship has value only if it is genuine.
So there you have it, some inside information about me. Not surprising or new. In fact, made me feel good that I actually fit in to 'categories'. Sometimes I feel as if there is no one out there quite like me :)
~lk
Comments
My top five were: Input, Context, Learner, Intellectection, and Focus. A few were kind of surprising at first, but after I read about those strengths, I felt they were pretty accurate.
Good for you on the Life Coaching. Let us know more as you go down this path.